Enjoy some of my newest photos taken from atop of the world famous Castle Hill in Old Nice. Click here if you are interested about the history of Castle Hill!
Please follow my blog for more pictures from around the world =)
About 10 days ago I posted a picture of one of my favorite sunset shots that I took in Hawaii. You can view it here (Hawaiian Sunset at Turtle Bay Resort). In that blog post I explained that about 75% of my pictures from that trip were sunsets (but really, who can blame me?). So, today I am offering you a look at my top-10 favorite sunset shots that I took from that same Hawaii trip. How would you rank them?
Please like, share, and comment if you enjoyed this post! Also, don’t forget to follow my blog for more photography from around the world!
A few weeks ago, I posted a blog post about the history of our ancient French monastery that has been passed down in our family for several generations. Click here if you want to read about it more and also look back and see the images I took of the Milky Way as well. The images below were taken on the same night. After dinner we decided to build a camp fire from scratch using one of the best fire starters, pine cones. We laughed, we drank, we then played with sticks of burning fire and acted like we were in the movie Highlander. Anyways, please like, share, and comment if you enjoyed these sweet pictures!
I would first like to thank Kerbey (http://sanceau.com/) for nominating me for the Liebster Blog Award, which, apparently is like initiation week for pledges in a college frat house. It is a tradition to pass the baton to new bloggers in the WordPress community with less than 200 followers. So again, Kerbey, I thank you for appreciating my work, even though you are putting me through a grueling series of steps!
So, here is the short list of steps needed to successfully accept your Liebster Award:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog. (check)
2. Link back to the blogger who awarded you. (check)
3. Copy & Paste the award to your blog . (check)
4. List 11 Random Facts about yourself.
5. Answer the questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
6. Nominate 5 blogs that you enjoy to receive the award and who have less than 200 followers.
7. List 11 questions for your nominees.
8. Inform them of their nomination by leaving a comment on their blog.
Step 4: 11 Random Facts About Me
- I have both US and French citizenship (thanks Mom & Dad)
- I have never broken a bone (knock on wood)
- I get paid to play Basketball
- Sushi is my favorite food
- I have traveled to more countries than US states
- I played 4 years in NCAA Basketball
- I have dissected a real human in my Anatomy class
- I had a pet chameleon for 3 years
- I played Basketball with Jamie Foxx once
- I like all types of music from electronic to classic rock (but not country, sorry)
- The Great Wall of China is still my favorite monument I have seen in my life
Step 5: Answer the questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
- How often do you blog and why? I blog as often as I can because there is no better feeling than sharing some of your work that random people find just as awesome as I do.
- How do you like your eggs? If you don’t eat eggs, what is wrong with you? I love eggs and I like mine either scrambled or fried. And don’t forget lots of butter, salt, and pepper.
- Did your parents take enough pictures of your childhood? Yes, my mother did a great job of making photo albums. I have an older brother and an older sister and each of us have 3 photo albums each. I always told them that if our house burned down, I would go straight for the photo albums, and then probably my laptop, because that is my other life.
- Who was one of the first authors to impact your young life? Depending on what young means, I will have to choose R.L. Stine with the Goosebumps series. Or a little older would be Agatha Christie with her mystery/crime/thriller novels.
- Do you own a Kindle or do you read books made of paper, as is the natural order of things? Now I own a Kindle because it was a gift after graduating college. That Summer, I read 9 books because it is incredibly easy to access so many on an e-reader. I personally enjoy the feel and smell of a real book but I found the transition was not hard at all.
- How do you feel about magazines? I only seem to purchase them at airports. I end up just looking at the images and kind of ignore the articles. I prefer to read a book or just play a game to pass the time.
- You’ve just adopted a happy golden retriever and an arrogant, Siamese cat from the animal shelter. What do you name them? Rocky (dog) and Bullwinkle (cat). An arrogant, Siamese cat named Bullwinkle? My life would be complete.
- Can you drive a stick shift? This is a great question. I don’t know how to drive stick. In France, almost everyone drives stick and the friends I’ve made here make fun of me for not knowing how to. My excuse is that I just say I am American, and they kind of shake their head. They offered to teach me so I will learn soon.
- If you become an award-winning writer and go on The Tonight Show to pimp your book, and companies start hounding you to endorse their product, which product would you choose to endorse? (I have already disclosed that I would endorse Ross Dress for Less, pieces of gum stuck on dressing room stall doors notwithstanding.) I would endorse Nutella, because there is nothing better knowing that you can have a lifetime of free Nutella.
- Does it bother you that Bart Simpson is voiced by a woman and Miss Piggy is voiced by a man? Well, now that you have taught me something new today, it disturbs me in a way that I will still be able to happily live on with my life even after knowing this information.
- Should men moisturize, and have you ever met one that has? Yes, some of my teammates moisturize before and after games. I personally don’t but I don’t see anything wrong with it, especially if you actually have dry skin.
Step 6: Nominate 5 blogs that you enjoy to receive the award and who have less than 200 followers
- Pretty Girl Pics http://prettygirlpics.wordpress.com/ because who doesn’t like to look at pretty girls?
- Marco from Italy http://orientaljourney.wordpress.com/ because I support anyone who takes big, life risks.
- Kirsty Gail http://kirstygail.wordpress.com/ because I support fellow students who are taking action.
- Christina http://christinamiltonphotography.wordpress.com/ because she is a talented, young photographer.
- Luke Robinson http://blog.mortalcoil.com/ because it is a well written travel blog and fantastic images.
Step 7: List 11 questions for your nominees
- What is your biggest fear?
- What was the last book you read?
- Do you believe in aliens?
- What is your ultimate dream job?
- Do you follow the news? If so, which news source is the most reliable for you?
- What is your favorite place you have traveled so far?
- How many languages can you speak?
- If asked randomly on the street, “Can you point where Azerbaijan is on a map?” Can you do it?
- What is your most played song in iTunes or any other music application?
- If offered Fugu, would you eat it?
- What were you worrying about one year ago from today?
Well, I finally made it. Again I want to thank Kerbey for nominating me and I am more than happy to pass the baton on to other fellow WordPress bloggers.
When I played college basketball at Chapman University, we took a 10-day trip to Oahu to play BYU Hawaii and Hawaii Pacific University. Fortunately, our program broke their budget a little bit and spoiled us student athletes by staying at the world famous Turtle Bay Resort for the entire stay and let me tell you, it was one hell of a basketball trip! Hawaii is such a magnificent place to photograph that I ended up with over 2,000 images after 10 days. Of which, 75% were sunsets. But who can blame me, Hawaii has some of the best sunsets in the world. This picture was taken from the main pool at Turtle Bay Resort. Please like, share, and comment if you enjoyed this picture!
This is my good friend Pascal Combes-Knoke trying to do his first ever back flip on a sit-down hydrofoil at Lake Ming located in Bakersfield, California. This is one of my favorite action sports shots because it makes me laugh every time I look it. Aside from it’s humor, it is actually a well-framed photograph that really exhibits the intensity of the sport. Personally, I refused to try the hydrofoil and just stuck with the classic wake-board. Follow my blog to see some more action shots that I will post in the near future. Please like, comment, and share if you enjoyed this picture!
This is certainly one of my favorite shots I’ve taken since I’ve lived in Cannes. It really shows the energy and the dynamism of this condensed city on the French Riviera. The church on top of the hill is called the Notre-Dame de l’Espérance. It was completed back in 1648 and sits upon the Suquet hill in old Cannes. With a short trek up the hill, anyone can enjoy a breathtaking view of one of the most famous cities on the French Riviera. I have already been up there several times just to escape the busy lifestyle deep in the city. Click on the picture to see it in all of it’s glory. Please like, share, and comment if you enjoyed this post!
Rue d’Antibes is the name of one of the most recognized shopping streets on the French Riviera. It houses some of the most luxurious brands in the world, but also has the very French, authentic shops to satisfy all sorts of different people that come visit. Located in the heart of Cannes, it is certainly one of the ‘must see’ things for tourists. It is walking distance to major landmarks such as the Palais des Festival, the Carlton Hotel, and ‘La Croisette’ which is a gorgeous boulevard that runs parallel to the Mediterranean Sea. I purposely took these pictures late at night because I wanted to highlight the beauty of the architecture. In fact, it is extremely rare to see the Rue d’Antibes this empty because it is usually bustling with hundreds of people during the day. Please like, share, and comment if you enjoyed this post! I will respond to every comment
I have been passionate about photography since I was about 14 years old when I had the option to take classes at my Alma Mater, Agoura High School. It was a fantastic experience because the first year of Photography class were required to shoot in film. As much as I love digital, film photography is still one of the most fascinating processes and I recommend anyone to try it if you haven’t already. So as much as I enjoy capturing some of life’s most beautiful moments in a single, still photo, I have also developed a passion for producing short clips of fun adventures I do with my friends and family. There is no better feeling than getting people excited about something you created after spending hours on it. Aside from the excitement, these videos will also serve as wonderful memories when we will all be older.
This is my newest project that I shot 100% on my GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition. I have been working on it over the last month and I believe it was one of my better clips as an amateur filmmaker, especially considering the lack of equipment I own. I hope you will enjoy this just as much as my photography! Please like, share, and comment if you enjoyed the video! I will respond to you as soon as I can. (*Please watch in HD 1080p, video also available on Vimeo)